Next race: All of them!
1. Did/do you always find running enjoyable? A big time YES!
2. What is your favorite distance? Anything shorter than a marathon!
3. What do you struggle with most in running? Accepting that I will not finish before all of the Rogues!
4. Do you remember your first 5k, half marathon and/or marathon time? 5k: 21:40 First on the First, Half Marathon: 1:39 and shook all the police and EMT’s hands, what a terrific day that was!! Marathon: Not going to happen!!
5. What is your advise for someone looking to improve speed and/or endurance? Do not rush the process for you will become injured. Enjoy the process, for it never ends.
6. What is your can’t live without running gear, besides shoes? The Nike Swoosh on EVERYTHING!
7. Ok shoes, do you rotate? If yes, how many in rotation – explain. Constantly. Our grandsons just counted 30 pair. I do donate that many pair a year.
8. Do you have a mantra that you use when racing or training? The rosary, no kidding. Helps me stay calm and focused.
9. Do you ever feel unmotivated to train? If so, how do you overcome? Are you joking, of course! But at 66 I feel so fortunate to just wake up. The motivation kicks in quickly. Plus I would feel terrible for not allowing myself to enjoy the morning.
10. What is the best thing running has given you? All the wonderful people I have met along this terrific journey. Do all of you realize how special each one of you are to me? Ken V. was one of the first, along with Dave P. extending a warm hand and a hello. Please do not feel I am just pointing out you two, this entire community has made me feel sooooo welcome. I only hope I have been able to extend a hand to many more and make them feel special.
You can find Doad at a 5k pretty much every weekend. At 66 years old and running the speeds he runs, he’s a true inspiration to the whole team. He’s full of life and it’s contagious. As Doad says, “Run with the wind!”