1. Did/do you always find running enjoyable?
I grew up running with my mom. Running has always been an enjoyable part of my life.
2. What is your favorite distance?
1/2 marathon because you don’t have to train (much at least) and it’s a fairly long distance.
3. What do you struggle with most in running?
Waking up early for training- I am not a morning person. I love to sleep!
4. Do you remember your first 5k, half marathon and/or marathon time?
No I have been running and racing for so long; I don’t recall.
5. What is your advice for someone looking to improve speed and/or endurance?
Track workouts! They can be grueling – but help you shave off significant time.
6. What is your can’t live without running gear, besides shoes?
Water bottle! I need to hydrate a lot. I like Cliff Blocks too for fuel.
7. Ok shoes, do you rotate? If yes, how many in rotation – explain.
Not really. I am basic when it comes to shoes. I wear Brooks although I just bought my first pair of HOKAs and like them so far.
8. Do you have a mantra that you use when racing or training?
I always tell myself that I am “crushing this sh*t” while I’m racing – helps me stay focused and positive.
9. Do you ever feel unmotivated to train? If so, how do you overcome?
All the time- Jake (fiancé) helps push me. He’s the best coach!
10. What is the best thing running has given you?
My friends! But most of all love running with my fiancé Jake.
Kelley is not only training for her next marathon, Erie Marathon, but also planning a wedding! We are still trying to talk her into screenprinting her dress with a nice red R.